~ "I just wanted to thank you again for performing the inspection on short notice. 
The inspection was perfect and complete."

~ "Frank took the time that was required to thoroughly inspect my home. He even did some follow up documentation for me that was critical to securing a loan for my home. I had a complete report in my hands within minutes following the inspection. I will never use anyone else again."  P.R. Chicago, IL

Do you see it? This is where the door for the sump pump should be. I could hear the pump going off and realized that the rehabber sealed it into a wall!
Please have an electrician replace these safety covers if you have them in your home. They can short out a plug because the safety plate metal is so close to the plug leads.
The pipe was too long when they replaced the water heater, so they just removed the cap. Sorry, this situation can leak carbon monoxide into the home. The pipe should be cut back enough to install the vent cap.
This just doesn't look like a good idea to me. Try to avoid having running water directly above a 220 volt electrical switch unless you want to possibly get electrocuted during a heavy rain.
A real estate agent sent me this photo. This is a hazard for anyone walking next to the fence. Shorter nails should have been used. This reminds me of an "iron maiden" torture device and will have the same effect unless repaired!
It pays to check you roof after a storm. Just walk around the outside and look up. This roof damage appeared on the inspection report and caught the homeowner by surpirse.
Overhead garage doors that are bowed or have broken hardware can come off track and are considered a safety hazard.
Overhead garage doors that are bowed or have broken hardware can come off track and are considered a safety hazard.
Black mold can be a real health issue. I always write it up when I see it.
Handrailings should be firmly attached to the stairs, not falling over.
This was taken inside a garage. A rope is beind used to support the conduit for a light.
Apparently, this is the dog's favorite place to urinate!
Cracked roof rafters can be a real issue when walking on a roof. It's possible to go right through the roof into the home.
Termites love crawl spaces where they are free from sunlight and close to the ground.
Someone forget to winterize the pool filter. The result is a cracked filter tank.
Please put all live ammunition in a safe place!
A protective cover needs to be on this electrical meter box. The bottom lugs are live!
Some types of mold seem to love the old spray on foundation insulation. I don't see this insulation much anymore, probably because of this issue.
The sump pump discharge cut out this rut in the year yard. The rut is considered a trip hazard.
The electrical meter box should be attached to the wall of the home.
This sub-floor is completely rotted.
A basement bathroom shower was added, but the electric fan was not moved. It ended up in the shower!
The wires did not fit into the breaker, so the leads were clipped. This can cause overheating of the remaining lead strands and is considered a fire hazard.
A real estate agent sent me this photo. No room for an outlet? Just hook the wires directly onto the plug! A qualified electrician can fix this dangerous situation quickly.
Why go through the bother of putting the wires inside the panel when it's easier just to hook them up directly, right? I didn't get within 2 feet of this safety hazard!
The wires didn't fit into the electrical box, so the outlet was left dangling outside. Why not use that outlet since it's there, right? The transformer was pushing down on this outlet and could have shorted it out on the metal electrical box below. A safety hazard, for sure!
A real estate agent sent me this photo. Just because you can buy the parts at a local store, that does not mean you know what you're doing! Refer electrical work to a qualified electrician, unless the intention here is sudden death by electrocution!
A real estate agent sent me this photo. Just because you can buy the parts at a local store, that does not mean you know what you're doing! Refer electrical work to a qualified electrician, unless the intention here is to burn the house down!
AAA Home Inspection's WALL OF SHAME:

The following are a few photos of the many things I have seen as a home inspector. Some of these photos have been sent to me by friends or professional contacts. These are the kinds of things that contribute to household accidents! Please contact us if you have an interesting photo for our WALL of SHAME!
~ “Frank is a very thorough home inspector. What I like most about Frank is that he takes his time with my clients to explain the purpose and process of the home inspection. His remarks and notes are very thorough. Notes and photographs are included in a binder which is provided to the client at the at the time of the inspection. Everything is professional, computerized and organized. He follows up after the inspection to ensure the client is satisfied. Frank is my preferred home inspector!” 

~"AAA Home Inspections did a thorough inspection. I would recommend to my friends!"  

~ "The inspector was able to perform my home inspection on short notice!"

~ "The inspector was very polite & detail oriented. He was able to to work around our schedule. I like the printed out report with pictures & his recommendations for repairs."

~ "AAA Home Inspections Best Value Guarantee saved me money!"

~ "The inspector was able to perform my home inspection on short notice. I liked the computer reports with photos and feel more confident buying this property after the inspection. Also, the ongoing technical service is a useful feature. Excellent Work!"  

~ "The photos really helped explain some of the issues. Excellent work!" 

~ "The inspector was knowledgeable and helped me understand the issues. Very thorough, knowledgeable, & personable. I'm impressed with the on-site printing of the report."  

 "Absolutely Accurate & Affordable"
847-650-9138
Serving all Northern Illinois including McHenry, 
Lake, Kane, 
DuPage and Cook Counties